- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 3 green onion stalks, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 3 pounds red or gold potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups red cabbage, chopped
- Quick soak your cashews by placing them in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and then take off the heat and put a lid on and let soak for 1 hour. Strain the cashews and rinse.
- While the cashews are soaking cut the potatoes in to bite-size pieces. Fill a large pot with water and heat over medium-high heat and bring the water to a boil.
- Add the potatoes and boil for about 20 minutes or until potatoes have softened. Strain and place the potatoes in a large bowl and sprinkle with the salt to cool.
- Add the soaked cashews to a blender with the rest of the southwest sauce ingredients and puree until smooth. Set aside.
- Add the bell pepper and cabbage to the potatoes and toss. Pour the sauce over the potatoes and stir to combine.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator until everything is chilled. Stir before serving.
- Make ahead: You can cook the potatoes and make the sauce the day before. Combine everything a few hours before the party
Keywords: southwest potato salad, vegan potato salad, vegan Southwest potato salad, potato salad, creamy potato salad