- Preheat oven to 350 and grease an 8×8 or 8×10 baking dish.
- Mix the chia and milk in a bowl and place in the refrigerator and let soak for a minimum of ten minutes.
- Melt the chocolate with the coconut oil over a double boiler.
- Sift the cocoa powder, tigernut, arrowroot, baking soda and salt together and set aside.
- Remove the chocolate mixture from heat and place the mixture in a large bowl. Mix in the coconut sugar and vanilla in with a hand or stand mixer and then add the chia “egg” mixture and mix.
- Add the sifted ingredients and mix until combined. Add in chocolate chips if desired.
- Place the mixture in the baking dish. It will be thick and you may need to pack it down some.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!
- Do not skip the step of sifting the flours. It is really important for lending a good texture.
- Also, let them cool completely if you can. They will crumble if cut while too warm. I actually prefer them cold from the refrigerator!
- Serving Size: 6
Keywords: tigernut flour, tigernut flour brownies, brownies made with tigernut flour