- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 Tbls coconut oil
- 5 oz chopped dark chocolate (70% or higher)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 3 Tbls melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon raw honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 3 oz dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup + 1Tbls coconut oil
- 2 Tbls sifted cocoa powder
- 2 tsp raw honey
- Heat up the coconut milk in a sauté pan until it’s about to simmer. Pour over the chopped dark chocolate and coconut oil and let it sit for a minute. Then whisk together.
- Once cooled, put it in the refrigerator and let the truffle filling set for an hour or two. It doesn’t have to be all of the way set in order to layer but you do want it set up some.
- Combine all coconut filling ingredients in a bowl. It should have the consistency to where you can pack it together. Set aside.
- Heat the ingredients to the chocolate coating over a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Put about 2 teaspoons of chocolate coating in the bottom of each ice cube tray and put in the freezer for about 10 minutes or until hard.
- Then add about 2 teaspoons of coconut filling and also put in the freezer to set for about five minutes.
- Once set pull out the truffle filling and put about a teaspoon of truffle filling in each slot (or more if you like).
- Put back in the freezer until the truffle layer is set. It should only take about 5-10 minutes.
- Lastly, top it off with more chocolate sauce and let it finish setting in the freezer.
- Once set you can just pop them out of the ice cube tray and store in the refrigerator.
- Optional toppings – Sea salt, almonds, cocoa nibs.