This isn’t technically a Valentine’s Day recipe but this Strawberry Smoothie Bowl is pretty and pink so I think it is classified in that category. Seriously…how pretty is this?!
When I was little my mom used to make us something called “strawberry soup.” It was something that we only got on special occasions. It was basically a mixture of frozen strawberries and yogurt that was blended together. While I was eating this smoothie bowl all I kept thinking about was the strawberry soup I used to eat as a kid. Then I realized that maybe I was eating smoothie bowls before they were even a trend. Perhaps my mom was even the smoothie bowl trendsetter. Mom, if you are reading this I hope you realize you may have started the smoothie bowl craze.
Okay, I am done making jokes – maybe. In all seriousness, I really do love making smoothie bowls. I think it is a really fun way to eat a smoothie and you also have the opportunity to really include a lot of nutrient dense add-ins. This recipe was meant to be more fun and festive so not on the healthier spectrum but you can easily leave off the chocolate chips.
Also this is a healthier treat for your Valentine’s celebration that can be thrown together in a matter of minutes and will leave you with a major sugar crash. Unless you loaded it up with chocolate chips like I may or may not have done….
A delicious and refreshing Strawberry Smoothie Bowl made with banana, strawberries and coconut milk.
Strawberry Smoothie Bowl
- ½ frozen banana
- 2 cups frozen strawberries (12 oz)
- ¾ cup coconut milk (I used canned)
- 2 Tbsp coconut milk kefir (optional)
- Slivered almonds
- Coconut chips
- Cacao nibs
- Chocolate chips
- Raw honey
- Combine the frozen banana, strawberry, coconut milk and kefir in a high speed blender and blend until mixture is thick but blended together.
- Pour in to two bowls and top with the raspberry, almonds, coconut, cacao nibs, chocolate chips and raw honey.
- Feel free to include any of your favorite add-ins or toppings.
- You may need a little more coconut milk if smoothie won’t blend
- Serving Size: 2
Keywords: strawberry smoothie bowl, smoothie bowl with strawberry, strawberry banana smoothie bowl,