Spiced Pineapple Syrup (Yields 1 Cup)
- 2 cups diced pineapple
- 1/3 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- ½ vanilla bean
- 1 small cinnamon stick
Spiced Whiskey Crusta (Yields 1 Drink)
- 1.5 ounces Monkey Shoulder Scotch Whiskey *See notes above
- ½ ounce Campari
- ½ ounce Solerno Liqueur
- 1 ounce spiced pineapple syrup
- ½ ounce lemon, freshly squeezed
- 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Lemon Peel
- Place the pineapple, sugar, water and cinnamon stick in a saucepan. Cut the vanilla bean in half and then slice in lengthwise and scrape out the inside of the vanilla bean into the saucepan and then add the vanilla bean.
- Bring the mixture to a light simmer and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the vanilla bean and cinnamon stick and then place the mixture in a blender and blend until smooth and then strain through a fine mesh sieve.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Spiced Whiskey Crusta
- Read full post for detailed explanation.
- Serving Size: 1
Keywords: whiskey and campari, pineapple and whiskey,