Spiced Pineapple and Cilantro Margaritas. I must say that this is probably one of my favorite margaritas I have had in a while. I am just going to be perfectly honest and say that I have tried a lot of different margaritas. Honestly, I think the ones we make at home are always better than a restaurant or bar and this drink basically combines a lot of my favorite flavors of summer.
I recently got a bottle of Solerno Liqueur. It is a blood orange liqueur made from Sicilian blood orange and has become a staple in our house. The flavor of this liqueur is incredibly robust, vibrant and just perfectly unforgettable.
Started to brainstorm a way to really highlight this Solerno and blood orange flavor. It is common for a classic margarita to have some sort of orange liqueur….or triple sec (EW! Don’t use that stuff). So I decided that this would really pair perfectly with some tequila but I wanted to bring you all something a little more creative and exciting.
Over the 4th of July weekend I had a super awesome pineapple and all of the sudden everything clicked and I knew exactly what kind of cocktail I wanted to make. Sometimes that is really how recipe development works. Inspiration can come at super random times.
Then had the idea to make some spiced pineapple syrup that was infused with cinnamon and vanilla beans. This syrup really ended up being a perfect balance of sweetness but also a little bit complex with the spice.
I had picked up some fresh cilantro at our Farmer’s Market and decided it would be the next best addition to this drink. Pineapple and cilantro is a match made in heaven anyway and I knew it was going to really elevate the flavor of this drink.
Shook all the ingredients together and strained it in to my glass and with the first sip I knew it was the perfect margarita. Everything is balanced so beautifully with the bold tasting Solerno, sweet pineapple and robust cilantro.
Cheers to summer and hopefully you all making these delicious Spiced Pineapple and Cilantro Margaritas.Print
Elevate your margaritas with this Spiced Pineapple and Cilantro margaritas. Spiced pineapple and vanilla syrup shaken with blood orange liqueur, lime, tequila and cilantro leaves.
Spiced Pineapple Syrup (Yields 1 Cup)
- 2 cups diced pineapple
- 1/3 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- ½ vanilla bean
- 1 small cinnamon stick
Spiced Pineapple and Cilantro Margarita (Yields 1 Drink)
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1 ounce Solerno Liqueur
- 1 ounce lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 ounce spiced pineapple syrup
- 12–15 cilantro leaves
- Place the pineapple, sugar, water and cinnamon stick in a saucepan. Cut the vanilla bean in half and then slice in lengthwise and scrape out the inside of the vanilla bean into the saucepan and then add the vanilla bean.
- Bring the mixture to a light simmer and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the vanilla bean and cinnamon stick and then place the mixture in a blender and blend until smooth and then strain through a fine mesh sieve.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Spiced Pineapple and Cilantro Margarita
- Place the cilantro leaves in the bottom of a cocktail shaker and muddle the leaves. Add the tequila and muddle the leaves for a few more seconds.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and the ice and shake until the outside of the cup is frosted.
- Place a Hawthorne Strainer over the cocktail glass and pour the margarita into a glass filled with ice.
- The amount of cilantro may vary depending on the freshness of your herbs. Adjust according to personal taste.
Keywords: pineapple and cilantro margarita, pineapple syrup, pineapple margarita, how to make a pineapple cilantro margarita