- 5–7 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1lb skirt steak, trimmed and halved crosswise, at room temperature
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup shredded carrot
- 4 Tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp shallots, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- In a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat , heat 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil. Place the steak in the skillet and do not move it for 5 minutes. Turn it once, and cook for another 3 minutes for medium-rare. You may need to cook your steak halves separately, depending on the size pan.
- Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let rest, loosely cover with foil, for 5 minutes.
- Divide the kale among 4 bowls. Add red onion and shredded carrot.
- Thinly slice the steak on the diagonal, across the grain, and arrange over the salad bowl.
- In a blender, add the orange juice, 4 tablespoons olive oil, mustard, shallots, garlic, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Drizzle the salad with dressing and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.
- For even more crunch, sprinkle this salad with slivered almonds.
- Serving Size: 4