- 3 medium sized tomatillos –husked
- 1 large jalapeno
- 3 green onions
- ½ cup cilantro
- ¼ cup diced onion
- ½ tsp salt/pepper
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 large avocados or 3 small
- Run the tomatillos under cold water and remove the husks. Take the jalapeno, green onion and tomatillo and brush with olive oil and set aside
- Remove your pound of chicken from the refrigerator and brush with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic. Set aside.
- Heat your grill or oven to 450 degrees (I prefer grill for the smoky flavor).
- Once the grill or oven is preheated place the chicken and all the veggies on it.
- Cook the chicken about 6 minutes a side and then temp it. You want to take it off around 160 degrees because as it rests it will go up a few degrees.
- The tomatillos and jalapeno will take about 3-5 minutes a side. Tomatoes will be soft but not falling apart.
- The green onions will cook very quickly and will only take about 1 minute a side
- Pull each item off the grill when done (they will all be done at different times) and let it cool. Cover the chicken with aluminum foil and let it sweat for about 10 minutes. Then shred it in to small pieces.
- Chop the tomatoes, green onion and jalapeno (deseed it first). Add all this to a bowl with the shredded chicken, diced onion, cilantro and lime. Mix thoroughly
- Once cooled add the mashed avocado and mix thoroughly. Serve immediately in the red pepper bowls or place in the refrigerator.
- If your avocados are small you will need more than two.
- If you are in a hurry a cooked rotisserie chicken from the store will also work and you can skip the grilled chicken steps.
- Serving Size: 4