- 1 medium/large red cabbage
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Slice the cabbage steaks ½ inch thick starting from the top all the way through the bottom (leave the core in).
- Lay the ‘steaks’ on a baking sheet and sprinkle with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Bake at for 20-25 minutes
- While the steaks are cooking heat the balsamic in a sauce pan over medium-high heat. Lightly simmer until mixture has reduced by half.
- Start with drizzling a ¼ cup of balsamic reduction on the steaks and top with more if desired
Keywords: red cabbage steaks, red cabbage, steaks, roasted red cabbage