Matcha and Cacao Nib is such a wonderful and unique flavor combination. It took me a while to enjoy matcha tea for some reason. I love tea but matcha did not come as easily to me. I kept drinking it though and now I love it. It is such a potent flavor that has the ability to meld with so many others. Over time I realized that I enjoyed it most with something sweet alongside something creamy and full of fat.
This smoothie is a fun way to use matcha and honestly I kind of feel like I am drinking a milkshake. I chose to not add any sweetener to this smoothie because of the banana. However, it can be a tad bit biter so if you feel like it needs to be balanced more I would just add some maple, honey or stevia to your liking.
Feel free to get creative and add any of your favorite ingredients like protein, greens etc. Smoothies are a great way to get in some extra nutrients in a delicious and quick way.
Need a little boost of energy in the morning or afternoon? Try this Matcha and Cacao Nib smoothie made with coconut milk, banana, flax, almond butter and probiotic rich kefir. Simple, nutrient dense and delicious.
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp matcha powder (or more to personal taste)
- 1 whole banana
- 1 Tbsp ground flax (I prefer golden)
- 1 Tbsp creamy almond butter
- 2 Tbsp cacao nibs
- 2 Tbsp coconut kefir (optional)
- 6–8 ice cubes
- Sweetener (see notes)
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- I chose to not add any sweeteners to this smoothie but the matcha and cacao can be a little bitter. So feel free to sweeten as desired.
- Serving Size: 2
Keywords: matcha smoothie, matcha and cacao nib smoothie, matcha and cacao