The tastiest and healthiest salad you could ever have. It is the perfect fall salad with massaged kale, roasted beets, carrots, goat cheese, pomegranate seeds and a dijon vinaigrette.
- 5 golden beets, peeled and sliced (approximately 2 cups)
- ½ cup fresh fennel, sliced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups kale, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 small carrots, sliced (I used heirloom carrots)
- ½ red onion, sliced
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 2–3 Tbsp goat cheese
- 2 tsp minced garlic, fresh
- 1 Tbsp freshly chopped rosemary
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel and slice the golden beets about ¼ inch thick and place on the baking sheet with the fennel.
- Sprinkle salt and drizzle the olive oil and roast for about 15 minutes.
- While the beets are cooking add the chopped kale to a large bowl with the olive oil and massage/kneed the leaves until tender.
- Slice the carrots with a mandolin or peeler and add them to the bowl with the red onion, pomegranate seeds and goat cheese.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a jar with a lid and shake until combined.
- Once the roasted vegetables are done cooking let them cool for about 5 minutes and then add them to the rest of the salad ingredients.
- Add the dressing right before serving
- Serving Size: 6
Keywords: kale and roasted golden beet salad, kale and beet salad, roasted golden beets,