This recipe was created for my Dinner Party post.
One thing I really love about flatbreads is the endless combination of flavors.
I also love that they are the perfect dish to share with a group of friends. This flatbread is a great combination of bold and familiar flavors.
A grain-free flatbread made with protein rich almond flour and topped with pesto, sweet potatoes, pears and goat cheese.
- 1 ¼ almond flour
- ¼ cup arrowroot
- 1 egg
- 4 Tbsp grass-fed butter or palm shortening
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp warm water
Spinach Basil Pesto
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 3 garlic cloves
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 Red Anjou pear, sliced
- 1 cup roasted sweet potato, thinly sliced
- 3–5 oz goat cheese
- 2 Tbsp raw pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup red onion, sliced
- Balsamic reduction (see cabbage recipe)
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Put a pizza stone in the oven and preheat it to 425.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor with the dough blade and pulse until mixture forms in to a loose ball.
- Place a large piece of parchment on the counter. Roll the flatbread out to around a ¼ inch thick.
- Carefully place flatbread crust in the oven (recommend using a pizza peel) and bake for 3-5 minutes or until crust is slightly browned.
- Remove from oven. Spread goat cheese along the bottom of the crust and then add the pesto, roasted sweet potato, red onion, pears, pumpkin seeds and top with more goat cheese.
- Bake for another 3-5 minutes or until cheese is slightly melted and crust has browned
- Drizzle about a tablespoon or two of balsamic reduction over the flatbread and serve.
- Use any leftover sweet potato slices from the stacks for the flatbread topping. Toss them in olive oil, salt and pepper and roast at 425 for about 15-20 minutes.
Keywords: grain-free flatbread, grain-free pizza, flatbread, gluten-free flatbread, pesto,
[amazon_link asins=’B00DL9LNNU,B000WDPBV8′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’jkitchenblog-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’8021e38d-eaa4-11e7-a7c6-5d96ab800e82′]