I am kicking off my “Ten Days of Thanksgiving” on the blog today and starting with this DELICIOUS Gluten-free Caramelized Banana Coffee Cake. I will be sharing some of my favorite holiday recipes for 10 consecutive days and I could not be more excited about them.
I decided to start with a breakfast treat. I usually snack a lot while we are preparing the Thanksgiving meal. It is actually one of my favorite things to have all the family around the kitchen eating and cooking.
I have a serious love for banana bread….like REALLY serious. I wanted to create an epic banana bread recipe and that turned in to this amazing bundt cake. It is kind of a mixture of sticky buns, coffee cake and banana bread. The butter and sugar mixture on the bottom of the pan caramelizes while the bread is cooking so when you flip it over it drizzles down the sides of cake. The batter is not overly sweet so the mixture on top is the perfect complement.
You can easily make this bread ahead of time and having it ready in the morning for when friends and family arrive.
A delicious caramelized banana coffee cake made with gluten-free flours. A delicious morning treat.
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup grass-fed butter, melted
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 cup smashed ripe banana
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup avocado or coconut oil
- ¼ cup milk (I used canned coconut milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- ½ cup gluten-free oat flour
- Preheat oven to 350 and thoroughly grease a bundt cake pan and place on a baking sheet.
- Pour the melted butter in the bottom of the pan and then sprinkle the coconut sugar on top. Add the chopped pecans and sliced bananas.
- Add the smashed banana, eggs, maple, oil, milk and vanilla to a large bowl and mix with a hand or stand mixer.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk together and then mix it in to the wet ingredients.
- Carefully pour the batter on top of the pecan and banana mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Let it cool for about 10-15 minutes or until it cooled enough for you to touch.
- Run a knife along the edge to let it cool and then place a plate or cooking rack on top of the pan and then carefully flip it over.
- Serve while warm or store in an airtight container.
- Serving Size: 8
Keywords: gluten-free banana coffee cake, caramelized banana cake, banana coffee cake, buckwheat banana cake