A healthy twist on rice crispy treats with crispy brown rice cereal, creamy peanut butter and honey. No marshmallows needed for these Valentine’s Day rice crispy treats.
¾ cup creamy peanut butter (I use Wild Friends)
3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
1/3 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon sea salt
4.5 cups Brown Rice Crisps (I used One Degree)
1-ounce dark chocolate, melted (optional)
2–3 tsp crushed freeze-dried raspberry (optional)
- Grease an 8×8 pan and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together the peanut butter, coconut oil, honey, vanilla and salt. Stir in crispy brown rice cereal and pour into 8×8 pan.
- Press the brown rice crispy cereal mixture into the pan and try to pack it down firmly.
- Let set in refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes and up to 24 hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator and cut into heart shapes with a cookie cutter or just cut into squares.
- Top with melted chocolate and crushed freeze-dried raspberry, if using.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
These work best if kept in the refrigerator. Once they get to warm, they will start to fall apart. I would recommend pulling them out of the refrigerator about 5 minutes before you are ready to eat them. You also can eat them cold. That is how I prefer them
If you decided to cut yours in to shapes you will need to do it immediately after you remove it from the refrigerator so they don’t fall apart while cutting them.
Keywords: peanut butter crispy treats, crispy brown rice treats, brown rice crispy treats, no marshmallow crispy treats