This Fajita Steak Salad is a lighter version of the classic dish we have all come to know and love. Crunchy lettuce topped with marinated steak, sautéed peppers onions, tomato, cilantro and a creamy avocado dressing.
One of those steak salad recipes that is so satisfying while also being incredibly healthy.
Few things I love more than Mexican food and love to find ways to lighten up classic dishes and make them healthier. Who doesn’t love a simple and amazing steak fajita recipe?
I am really excited about this fajita steak recipe because it focuses on all the delicious meat we received from a grass-fed meat company called Butcher Box.
This company was created because Mike, the owner, realized that a lot of people wanted to buy grass-fed and quality meats but were have trouble gaining access to them.
Butcher box is grass-fed meat company that delivers straight to your door each month.
Each box is customizable because you can choose between a mixture of chicken, pork and grass-fed beef.
Honestly, the options are really endless.
I personally went for the all beef box and one pack of sugar-free bacon because I wanted to be able to take advantage of good quality grass-fed beef. So far we have enjoyed many delicious burgers, fajita steak salads and those wonderful bacon sliders.
- 2lbs flat iron steaks
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 small avocados
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup cilantro, fresh
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 5 oz mixed field greens
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Combine all of the steak seasoning ingredients in a small bowl and mix. Rub the seasoning over the flat iron steak and let sit out room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all the avocado dressing ingredients in a blender or small food processor and mix until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Once the oil is hot add the peppers and onions and sauté for 10-15 minutes or until softened.
- Preheat grill to 500 and place the steak on and cook for approximately 3-4 minutes a side or until desired internal temperature.
- Remove from the grill and cover with foil and let set for 3-5 minutes and then slice in to thin strips.
- Divide the salad ingredients and steak among four bowls and top with desired amount of avocado dressing.
Keywords: fajita steak salad, fajitas, healthy fajitas, healthy fajita steak salad, paleo fajitas, steak fajitas
[amazon_link asins=’B0000645YM’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’jkitchenblog-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’98bc7893-ea93-11e7-a8ed-db22da0390b2′]