- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1lb brussels sprouts, quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 green apple, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ½ cup bone broth or vegetable stock
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp maple
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1–2 Tbsp slivered almonds (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 425 and heat a large skillet or cast iron pan to medium/high heat and add olive oil.
- Cut the brussels sprouts in quarters or halves if really small. Add them to the hot pan and let sear for about five minutes.
- White the sprouts are cooking chop of the garlic and apple and then add them to the pan and stir. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Mix together the Dijon, broth, lemon zest, maple, cayenne, salt and pepper and add the liquid to the brussels.
- Place in the oven and bake for approximately 15 minutes and then turn the oven to broil and cook for another 3-4 minutes or until slightly crisp on top. Watch carefully so they do not burn.
- Pull the pan out and top with the slivered almonds and serve while hot.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: dijon apple Brussels sprouts, apple Brussels sprouts, roasted dijon Brussels sprouts