- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2.5lbs Chicken drumsticks
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp ghee or grass-fed butter
- 2 Tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 carrots, sliced diagonally
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1.5 cups hard apple cider
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Heat olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet or cast iron pan over medium-high heat.
- Pat the drumsticks dry with a paper towel and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in the hot skillet and brown the skin. Approximately 2-3 minutes a side and then take the chicken out of the pan and place on a plate.
- Melt the butter in the skillet and add the fresh rosemary, garlic, carrots and oregano.
- Simmer the butter mixture for about 2 minutes and then add the cider.
- Bring the cider to a boil and add the drumsticks back in to the pan.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- I prefer to use an alcoholic apple cider that is dry. Sometimes they are labeled that way or you can look for the one with the least amount of sugar.
- If your chicken is not as crispy as you would like you can turn the oven on high broil for the last couple minutes of cooking.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: apple cider braised chicken, hard cider braised chicken, chicken cooked in hard cider