- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place the shortening and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat thoroughly with a stand or hand mixer. The mixture should be creamed and fluffy.
- Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the baking soda, salt, almond flour and mix. Add chocolate chips.
- Use an ice scream scoop to get a heaping tablespoon of batter. Press the scoop against the side of the bowl to flatten the dough and then place it on the baking sheet.
- Take one raspberry and press the bottom of it in to the middle of the dough ball.
- Bake them for approximately 12 minutes or until edges are slightly browned. Let cool on baking sheet for 2-3 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
- No need to put the raspberry if you don’t like them! This is a great basic chocolate chip cookie recipe!