Here is what I think about writing a cookie post. I don’t really feel like cookies need much explaining. They are delicious and people love them. Also, it is Monday and it seems as if my brain never really started working very well today. I am pretty sure that most of you have already skipped past these first few lines and are looking at the pictures and ingredients anyway. So to make this easier for everyone (and my not so functioning brain) I am going to summarize my thoughts on this recipe in to bullet points. So don’t scroll past all the words yet….COME BACK! My thoughts on the macaroons!
- They taste AMAZING!
- No EGGS required!
- You MUST let them cool completely before eating!
- Yes, I do realize that is REALLY hard!
- SUPER easy to make!
- Be sure to pack the batter TIGHTLY!
- My cat is on my lap and won’t let me TYPE so guess I am done!
- 3 cups shredded coconut
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canned coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 3.5 ounces dark chocolate (for dipping)
- Preheat oven to 325. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the shredded coconut, honey, applesauce, milk, oil, vanilla extract and chocolate chips in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Take a heaping tablespoon of batter with a scoop and pack it together tightly (if it won’t pack together then refer to notes below).
- Place the cookies on the baking sheet and cook for 20-25 minutes. The bottoms should be browned and the top starting to.
- Let the macaroons cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes and place on a cooling rack.
- Let them cool completely before eating them. A minimum of one hour.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a bowl and dip the bottom of the macaroons.
- Place them head down and allow the chocolate to harden. Store in the refrigerator.
- Notes: You MUST pack the batter tightly or they won’t cook correctly and will probably fall apart.
- If your batter is not sticking add some more coconut oil. If that doesn’t help then add more applesauce.
- For a vegan option: Sub the honey for maple syrup