- 8 raw bacon slices
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp almond flour
Sweet Potato Filling
- 4lbs cooked sweet potatoes, peeled
- 6 Tbsp grass-fed butter or ghee
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp chipotle in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1.5 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease an 8×8 baking dish.
- Cut up the bacon pieces in to 1-2 inch pieces and heat a skillet to medium-high heat and cook the bacon (not too crispy).
- Add the bacon and bacon grease to a large bowl with the pecans, pumpkin seeds, maple, paprika, cinnamon and almond flour and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Add the cooked and peeled sweet potatoes to a large bowl with the butter, milk, chipotle, sea salt, and chili powder and mix with a hand or stand mixer. Add the eggs and mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture in the 8×8 pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add the bacon crumble and then bake for another 15-20 minutes or until the topping is crispy and the casserole is bubbling.
- Serve immediately and enjoy
- I personally like to cook the potatoes quickly in my instant pot but you can also just boil them on the stove until softened
- Serving Size: 6