Chicken Fajita Bowls need to become a daily occurrence in my life. Oh man, this recipe is insanely good. I have been making fajitas for years but have never written down the recipe or tried to fine-tune it. The beauty of blogging recipes is that I actually take time to do that instead of just throwing a bunch of ingredients here and there and then forgetting what I have done. This happens more than I would actually like to admit. I have said this many times but I wish I had someone in the kitchen that could write down the recipe for me while I cooked.
Sometimes I think I am surprised at just how GOOD a recipe turns out and this was one of them. Even my husband was like, “babe! This dish is insanely good. It is a great easy, weeknight meal and even the perfect dish for food prep. The only thing you really have to plan for is the one-hour marinating time. I made a big batch of these chicken fajitas last week and we ate on it for a couple days.
You can serve it with some Cilantro Cauliflower Rice if you want a low carb options or even my Pineapple Coconut Rice would be amazing or you can throw it in a shell for Taco Tuesday! Really the options are pretty endless.
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 lb chicken
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 3 bell peppers, sliced
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Combine the red wine vinegar, lime juice, olive oil, salt, garlic, chili powder and cumin in a large ziplock bag or shallow bowl and mix together.
- Slice the chicken in to strips and then add it to the marinade and let the chicken marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Slice peppers and onions and set aside. Remove chicken from the refrigerator after one hour and strain out the liquid and pat the chicken dry with a paper towel.
- Heat two large skillets with two tablespoons of oil. Add the peppers, onions and salt to one pan and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the other pan and cook for 3-4 minutes and then flip the chicken and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Serve the peppers and chicken together in a bowl with desired toppings or over a bed of rice.
- This recipe can easily be doubled to serve more people.
Keywords: chicken fajita bowls, low carb chicken fajita bowls, paleo chicken fajita bowls,