These Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Dates were originally created for my Summer Gathering event where I hosted an outdoor party complete with an assortment of appetizers, margarita bar and a build your own s’more bar.
I really love how incredibly satisfying this appetizer is with the sweet, savory and spicy flavors.
Food has always been a significant part of my life for many reasons. It is something that inspires and fuels my creativity. One of the aspects of food I have always loved the most is the ability for it to bring people together. To gather around one place and spend time together eating, drinking, conversing and laughing.
I believe that creating food for people can truly be a way of showing that someone is heard and seen. Food really can allow you to communicate with people that no matter where they are in life that you notice them. They are seen, heard and loved. I always strive for people to leave my house not only full of food but also feeling like someone took the time to say that they matter.
Often times I don’t think we realize the power that food and gathering can really have on others. It is a powerful tool to truly create a powerful community.
Everything is designed for you to make it ahead of time so the host can truly be a part of the party instead of cooking in the kitchen. So even if you don’t make these recipes I encourage you to take some time this summer to invite your friends over. Eat, drink and spend some time gathering together with old and new friends.
“This is the power of gathering: it inspires us, delightfully, to be more hopeful, more joyful, more thoughtful: in a word, more alive. – Alice Waters”
Click the box below to see the full post
[button url=” https://jessiskitchen.com/2017/06/29/a-summer-gathering-2/” label=”A Summer Gathering” size=”large” color=”#2a9a75″ target=”_blank”]
These bacon wrapped dates are the perfect sweet and savory appetizer to feed a crowd. Sweet dates stuffed with spicy jalapeno and wrapped in smoky bacon.
- 20 dates, pitted (I prefer Date Lady)
- 2 jalapeno, seeded, halved and sliced (see notes)
- 8 oz pack of bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the bacon slices in half and set aside
- Pit the dates and slice open from top to bottom and stuff with a jalapeno slice and then wrap the bacon piece around the date, secure with a toothpick and place on the baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining dates.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until bacon is cooked through and crispy.
- Let cool for a few minutes and then serve or place them in an airtight container in the refrigerator
- If you want these dates to have more kick then you can leave the seeds in the jalapeno.
- Make ahead: These can be made a day in advance and stored in the refrigerator. They taste great hot or cold.
Keywords: bacon wrapped jalapeno dates, bacon wrapped dates, jalapeno dates, jalapeno and bacon, jalapeno, bacon and dates
All images by Lillie Duncan
[amazon_link asins=’B008P05CTQ’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=”jkitchenblog-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’b0194810-8f4d-11e7-b25d-35a910249e33′]