How to make Baba Ganoush. A delicious and creamy dip made from roasted eggplant and tahini.
Yields 3 Cups
- 2.5lbs eggplant
- 4 garlic cloves, medium sized
- ¼ cup tahini
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/8 tsp cayenne (optional)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Chopped fresh basil (optional topping)
- Preheat oven to 425. Place the eggplant on a baking sheet and roast until eggplant is soft – 35-40 minutes depending on the size of your eggplant.
- Let the eggplant cool for a few minutes until you are able to touch it. Peel off the outer skin of the eggplant and place the flesh in a food processor or blender.
- Add the garlic, tahini, lemon, olive oil, salt, pepper and cayenne to the food processor and blend until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- You can serve immediately or cool it in the refrigerator. Before serving – drizzle olive oil on top and sprinkle fresh basil and sea salt on top if desired.
- Roasting time will vary with your eggplant size. Larger ones may take longer to cook and smaller ones may not take as long.
Keywords: baba ganoush, how to make baba ganoush, how to make eggplant dip, baba ganoush recipe