- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 2/3 cup raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup mustard
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp salt/pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Sea salt plantain strips
- ½ –1 cup BBQ chicken, chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 5 oz goat cheese (optional)
- 1/2 cup red cabbage
- 1/4 cilantro
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture through a sieve and into a sauce pan. Let the sauce lightly simmer on medium heat for approximately 10 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 450. Toss chicken in olive oil, salt and pepper.
- One grill is preheated place the chicken on and sear on one side for 2-3 minutes and flip.
- Baste the chicken with bbq sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes and flip the chicken over.
- Repeat the process until chicken registers around 165.
- Let the chicken set for a few minutes and then finely chop and toss with a tablespoon of sauce.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Layer the plantain strips in a cast iron pan or on a baking sheet with parchment paper. Top with chicken, red peppers, onions, and goat cheese.
- Cook the nachos for approximately 10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Pull out of the oven and top with red cabbage, cilantro, guacamole and more BBQ sauce if desired.
- You can make one big pile of nachos or make several individual size nachos. I love using my six inch cast iron pan for individual portions.
- Serving Size: 4