A super delicious and tart vegan lemon mousse made with a few wholesome ingredients. This easy vegan mousse recipe is made in the blender with soaked cashews, coconut and lemon. Then topped with a strawberry raspberry sauce and crushed crunchy cookies
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked
- ½ cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/8 tsp salt
Strawberry & Raspberry Sauce
- 12 oz fresh strawberry, sliced
- 6 oz fresh raspberry
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 8–10 simple mills crunchy pecan cookies, crushed (or your favorite crunchy cookie)
- Soak cashews for 4-6 hours. Strain and rinse. Add to blender with the rest of the lemon mousse ingredients and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and chill in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove the stems from the strawberry and slice into large chunks.
- Add the strawberry, raspberry, maple and chia seeds to a saucepan and simmer on low-medium heat until berries are broken down and mixture has thickened. Approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Let chill to room temperature before layering with the mousse. (The berry mixture can be made 2 days in advance and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.)
- Assembly: Pull out 4 small, glass cups or bowls and scoop (or pipe – see FAQs) lemon mousse into the cup. Top with crushed cookie, berry sauce and then repeat with more lemon mousse, crushed cookie and berry sauce.
- Serve immediately or cover the mouse cups and store in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: vegan lemon mousse, vegan mousse, vegan lemon mousse with berries, lemon and berry dessert, vegan mouse with cashew, raw cashews, blender mousse, strawberry mousse, berry mousse,