- 1.5 cups raw cashews, soaked
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 jalapeno, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 ¼ cup canned coconut milk (I used lite)
- 1.5 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp oregano
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 4 cups gluten-free pasta shells (I use this one)
- Add the raw cashews to a small saucepan and fill with water. Bring to a boil and then take the pan it off the heat and put a lid on top and let soak for about one hour.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and add the oil and sauté the onions for about 5 minutes and then add the jalapeno and garlic and sauté for another 2-3 minutes and remove from the heat.
- Strain the cashews and then rinse them and add to a blender with the onions, jalapeño, garlic, coconut milk, sea salt, oregano, nutritional yeast and chili powder.
- Blend until mixture smooth.
- Cook the noodles and strain and add back the pot and turn the stove to medium, low heat. Add the jalapeno cheese and stir to combine and slowly heat.
- Serve once mixture is hot.
- You may need to adjust the amount of jalapeño if they are not spicy enough or too spicy. I would taste the mixture as you go.
- Serving Size: 6