A decadent Vegan Chocolate Ganache Frosting made with only TWO ingredients. Perfect for spreading or piping.
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk (approx. 1.5 cups)
- 10oz chocolate chips (or coarsely chopped chocolate)
- Heat coconut milk over a double broiler or in the microwave (I prefer double broiler).
- Once hot, remove from the heat and add the chocolate. Let the chocolate sit in the hot milk for a couple mins and then start in the middle and slowly whisk the mixture until it becomes creamy.
- Let the vegan chocolate ganache cool to room temperature (approx 1 hour) and stir occasionally.
- Then place it in the refrigerator uncovered to set. Approximately 3 hours (preferably longer if you have the time). You want the chocolate ganache to be firm but still soft enough to scoop out.
- Once set, scoop the chocolate ganache out and put it in a stand mixer bowl (or you can use a hand mixer) and use the paddle attachment to beat air in to the ganache to create a creamy chocolate ganache frosting. Start off slow and then work your way up and beat until the frosting is smooth and creamy.
- You can spread the creamy frosting with an offset spatula or use a piping bag.
- Use a good quality chocolate. I usually prefer around a 70% but do what grade of chocolate your personally prefer. You can use chips or coarsely chop a chocolate bar
- Be sure to weigh your chocolate with a kitchen scale to make sure you have the right amount.
- Make sure your coconut milk has a lot of fat. The best way to test it is to shake the can. If the whole thing doesn’t slosh around with milk it means there is a good chunk of coconut cream in the can (usually on the top).
- You want to avoid any condensation on the chocolate ganache when it is cooling. That is why you bring it to room temp before sticking it in the fridge. Also, don’t cover it. More than likely condensation will form on your plastic wrap.
- Chocolate melts so you don’t necessarily want to handle the ganache a lot or over beat it.
Keywords: vegan chocolate ganache frosting, ganache frosting, chocolate ganache, chocolate ganache frosting, ganache frosting with coconut milk