Creamy vegan coffee cheesecake made with raw cashews, bold coffee and crunchy cacao nibs. All topped with a decadent vegan ganache.
Cacao Nib Crust
- 1.5 cups pecan halves and pieces (158g)
- ½ cup cacao nibs (58g)
- 3 tsp chia seeds (12g)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
Vegan Coffee Cheesecake Filling
- 1.5 cups raw cashews (195g)
- ½ cup maple syrup (155g)
- ¼ cup oat milk or other non-dairy milk (62g)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted (65 g)
- 3/4 cup strong coffee (180g)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk (120g)
- 3.5 oz dark chocolate
- Soak the cashews by placing them in a bowl and then top with water. Let soak for 2-4 hour or until soft. See notes above for how to quick soak the cashews.
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease an 8-inch springform pan.
- In a food processor, combine the pecans, cacao nibs, chia seeds, baking soda and salt and pulse until the pecans and cacao nibs are coarse meal.
- Add in the maple and vanilla extract and pulse until the crust starts to form into a loose ball.
- Place the dough in the bottom of the springform pan and press on the bottom and up the sides some. The dough will be sticky, and you can always oil your hands some if too sticky.
- Bake for 14 minutes and then let cool while you prepare the cheesecake filling.
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture on top of the crust and place in the freezer for 6-8 hours or until cheesecake has set.
- When you are ready to serve the cheesecake make the ganache.
- Heat the coconut milk in a bowl and add the dark chocolate. Let the chocolate sit in the warm milk for 1-2 minutes and then use a whisk to combine the coconut milk and melted chocolate.
- Pour the ganache on top of the frozen cheesecake and spread it to the sides of the cheesecake.
- Top with pecans and cacao nibs. Let the cheesecake thaw for 10-15 minutes and then serve.
- You do need to freeze this vegan coffee cheesecake. The texture will not be firm enough if you just let it sit in the refrigerator. When you are ready to eat the cheesecake just pull it out of the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving.
Keywords: Vegan Coffee Cacao Cheesecake, Vegan Coffee Cheesecake, Vegan Cacao Nib Cheesecake, how to make vegan coffee cheesecake,