Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked (see notes)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seeds
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup arrowroot flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp palm shortening
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 6 ounce package of raspberries, blackberries and blueberries
- Place the soaked cashews in a blender with the rest of the ingredients and blend until mixture is smooth. Transfer to a bowl and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Combine the flax seeds and water in a small bowl and place in the refrigerator to set for 10-15 minutes to make the flax egg.
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease six mini tart pans. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the almond flour, arrowroot, baking soda and salt and whisk together. Add the palm shortening and use a fork or your hands to mix in the shortening until it resembles coarse meal.
- Pour the flax egg and maple and mix until mixture forms in to a loose ball. Use about 1.5 – 2 Tbsp of dough per tart pan and press the dough on the bottom and up the sides.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes and then remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature.
- Fill each tart with the cooled cream cheese filling and top with an assortment of your favorite berries.
- You can soak the cashews overnight or quick soak them. Place the cashews in a small saucepan and fill with water until cashews are fully submerged. Bring the water to boil and then take off the heat and place a lid on the saucepan and let cashews soak for a minimum of one hour. Drain them in to a colander and then rinse.
- The cream cheese is meant to be a little softer and fluffier like whipped cream rather than super thick.
- Feel free to adjust berries to your personal preference.
Keywords: vegan berry tarts, vegan tarts with vanilla cream cheese, vegan cream cheese, vegan tart with berries, vegan and gluten-free berry tart, vegan vanilla cream cheese