Coconut milk ice cream with vanilla, almond butter and pieces of dark chocolate banana bark.
Dark Chocolate Banana Bark
- 10 ounces dark chocolate, melted
- 2 cups bananas, diced (approximately 2 bananas)
- 3 Tbsp almond butter
- 1/8 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
Vanilla Almond Butter Ice Cream
- 2 can full-fat coconut milk
- 3 ounces dates, pitted (I used Date Lady – game changer)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp creamy almond butter
- 1 whole vanilla bean, scrapings
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a double boiler. Line a 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper and pour half the chocolate on the bottom.
- Add the chopped bananas and drizzle the almond butter and then cover with the rest of the chocolate. You may need to use a knife to spread the chocolate.
- Place in the freezer for 30-45 minutes or until the chocolate has set.
- Place the coconut milk, dates, maple syrup, almond butter, vanilla bean scrapings, cinnamon and salt in a high-speed blender. Blend until mixture is smooth and then pour in to your ice cream maker and follow according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Once the ice cream is done place it in a large glass dish or tupperware.
- Take the chocolate banana bark and chop it in to bite size pieces and mix half of it in to the ice cream. Place the rest of the bark in the freezer for later use.
- Let the ice cream freeze until no longer soft serve. Add more chocolate bark on to each ice cream dish before serving.
- I use this ice cream maker to make this recipe.
- Serving Size: 8
Keywords: coconut milk vanilla ice cream with banana, coconut milk and almond butter ice cream, almond butter and chocolate ice cream