The BEST gluten-free vanilla cupcakes made from scratch. No gluten-free flour blend needed. Moist vanilla cupcakes for birthdays, celebrations or just whenever a cake craving hits.
1 cup superfine brown rice flour (152g)
½ cup sorghum flour (85g)
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
¾ cup avocado oil (170g)
¾ cup yogurt (I used Siggis plain 4%)
1.5 TBSP vanilla extract
1 cup organic cane sugar (230g)
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a muffin pan with liners.
- Sift together the dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the avocado oil, yogurt, vanilla extract, eggs and sugar.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl and whisk until batter is combined.
- Fill each cupcake liner about halfway and bake for 20-22 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes sit in the pan a few minutes and then move to a cooling rack. Once cool, you can top with your preferred frosting.
I topped these cupcakes with my Vegan Ganache Frosting.
Keywords: Best gluten-free vanilla cupcakes, Vanilla cupcakes with chocolate frosting, Gluten-free and Nut-free vanilla cupcakes, Gluten-free vanilla cupcakes from scratch, sorghum vanilla cake, sorghum flour, brown rice flour, sorghum flour cupcakes,