- 1.5–2lbs sweet potato (approximately 2 potatoes)
- 1 Tbsp grass-fed butter or olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 10–12 large jalapenos
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 5oz goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 and bake the sweet potatoes for 30-40 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile cut the jalapenos in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
- Toss the jalapenos in olive oil and place on a baking sheet with parchment paper and roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Peel the sweet potato and place in a bowl with the butter and seasoning and thoroughly mash with a hand mixer or whisk.
- Scoop about a tablespoon of sweet potato filling in each jalapeno cavity and top with goat cheese.
- Bake poppers for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and toasted.
- Serving Size: 8