- 2.5 lbs sweet potato, smaller sized
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 3–4 bacon slices, chopped
- 2–3 Tbsp grass-fed butter, ghee or coconut oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup, divided
- Preheat oven to 425. Peel sweet potatoes and slice them about 1/8 thick with a mandolin or knife.
- Toss the sweet potatoes with the chili powder, garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes, sea salt and black pepper.
- Grease eight ten ounce glass ramekins and place them on a baking sheet.
- Layer fourteen slices of sweet potato in the ramekin with about ½ tsp of butter in between every four or five slices.
- Top the sweet potatoes with some chopped bacon and place some pieces around the side of the ramekin.
- Roast potato stacks for approximately 30 minutes.
- Pull them out and drizzle about ½-1 tsp of maple syrup on each one. Roast for another 5-10 minutes or until the stacks are slightly caramelized on top.
- Let them cool slightly and then use a fork to pop them out of the ramekin. Serve immediately.
- Use any leftover sweet potato slices for the flatbread topping. Toss them in olive oil, salt and pepper and roast at 425 for about 15-20 minutes.
Keywords: sweet potato, roasted sweet potato stacks, bacon and sweet potato, maple and sweet potato