- 3 medium sized green tomatoes (about 10 slices)
- 3 tbl coconut flour
- 1 Tbls arrowroot powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp sriracha or hot sauce
- 3 pieces of cooked bacon -chopped
- Slice the tomatoes about ¼ inch thick and set aside.
- Combine the flour, arrowroot and seasonings in a shallow bowl or plate. Then whisk together the egg and sriracha in a separate plate and set aside.
- Dip both sides of the tomato in the egg mixture and then coat in the flour mixture.
- Shake off excess flour and set aside. Repeat until all of your tomatoes are coated or until you run out of flour.
- Place the stove on medium high heat. Put about 3 tablespoons of coconut oil in an 8-10 inch fry pan.
- Once the oil is hot add the tomatoes and cook about 2 minutes per side. Repeat until all of your tomatoes are done.
- You may need to heat more oil in between batches.
- Top the fried tomatoes with chopped bacon and sriracha. Enjoy!
- You want your oil to be hot but not scalding. The coconut flour can start to burn before the tomato is cooked if the heat is too high