A healthy soy-free chicken teriyaki kale salad made with tender massaged lacinato kale leaves and a flavorful Asian inspired dressing. The perfect, healthy kale salad to prep for lunches or a quick weeknight meal.
5 cups lacinato kale, stems removed and chopped
2 teaspoons olive oil (for massaging kale)
1 red bell pepper, cored and diced
2 cups sliced red cabbage
3 radishes sliced
2 carrots, sliced
1/2 cup sliced green onion
1/2 cup chopped cashews
2-3 teaspoons sesame seeds (optional)
¼ cup coconut aminos
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
1 garlic clove, minced
5 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons honey
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1lb chicken, cubed
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons avocado oil
¼ cup teriyaki sauce (I used Primal Kitchen No-Soy Teriyaki) (optional)
- In a large bowl add the chopped lacinato kale and two teaspoons of olive oil and use your hands to massage the leaves until tender. Approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Add the remaining salad ingredients to the kale and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Add all the dressing ingredients to a jar with a lid and shake to combine. Set aside.
- Cut the chicken into 1-2 inch cubes and pat dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle with salt.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat and once hot add the avocado oil. Sear the chicken 1-2 minutes a side or until browned and cooked through. Remove from the skillet and toss with teriyaki sauce, if using.
- Toss the salad with half the dressing and divide among bowls. Top with chicken and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: Teriyaki Kale Salad, soy-free Teriyaki Kale Salad, paleo Teriyaki Kale Salad, healthy teriyaki chicken kale salad, no soy chicken teriyaki,