Sweet sorghum flour banana cake with peanut butter glaze. This naturally gluten-free cake is packed full of bananas and topped with a no powdered sugar peanut butter glaze.
Sorghum Banana Cake
- 4 bananas – 1 ¾ cup mashed or (415g)
- ½ cup avocado oil (105g)
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar (I used organic cane sugar) (190g)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 cup sorghum flour (245g) (I used THIS one)
- 3/4 cup arrowroot flour (100g)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
Peanut Butter Glaze
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter (43g)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (132g)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp arrowroot flour
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease bundt cake pan.
- Put the ripe bananas in a large bowl and with a fork or paddle attachment on your mixer mash the bananas.
- Add the oil, eggs, sugar and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In another bowl whisk together the sorghum flour, arrowroot, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until combined.
- Pour the sorghum banana cake batter in the bundt pan and bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes and then carefully flip it on to a cooling rack.
- While the cake is cooling combine the butter, maple and peanut butter in a small saucepan and heat until everything has melted. Add the arrowroot powder and whisk until combined.
- Once the cake has cooled for 10-15 minutes pour the glaze on top and serve immediately or store in an airtight container.
The peanut butter glaze will begin to harden as it cools.
Keywords: sorghum banana cake with peanut butter glaze, sorghum banana cake, peanut butter glaze no powdered sugar, sorghum flour cake, gluten-free banana cake