- 2.5lbs Sweet Potato, halved
- 3 Tbsp ghee or grass-fed butter
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Heat a large pot to medium high heat and boil the potatoes until soft. Approximately 35 minutes.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and toast the pecans for 4-5 minutes. Watch carefully so they do not burn.
- Drain the potatoes and let cool slightly and peel the skin off the potatoes.
- Place the potatoes in a bowl with the ghee and rest of the seasonings and mash with a hand mixer or a large fork.
- Top with the roasted pecans and serve immediately.
Keywords: mashed sweet potatoes, smoky mashed sweet potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes with pecans, smashed sweet potatoes with paprika