- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 cups butternut squash, chopped
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 2 Tbls chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the bacon in a sauté pan and set aside. You can either use the bacon grease to cook the hash or clean out the pan.
- Heat the oil to medium/high heat and throw in the squash, onion, apple, oregano, salt and pepper. Cover the pan and sauté the hash for ten minutes.
- Add the spinach and fresh cilantro and cook for about 3 more minutes until the spinach is wilted.
- Top the hash with the chopped bacon. Throw a fried egg on top or just eat it as is!
- Sweet potato also makes a great substitute for the squash.
- Serving Size: 2