Sausage and Butternut Hash. A simple, delicious and protein packed breakfast that everyone is sure to enjoy.
- 1lb ground sausage (I prefer spicy)
- 3 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ cup broth or stock
- 2 cups spinach, packed
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat and add the sausage. Break the meat in to small pieces with a spatula.
- Add the butternut, onions, garlic, oregano, black pepper, and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Add the broth and then place a lid on the pan but leave it tilted open some. Let cook for 5-7minutes or until butternut is softened.
- Add the spinach leaves and cook until they are reduced down. Approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately while hot.
- I buy a local, pastured sausage that contains very little grease. If your sausage is overly greasy I would definitely recommend straining it before adding the butternut.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: sausage butternut hash, sausage butternut breakfast hash, butternut breakfast hash,