Roasted Tomatillo Dressing
- ½ pound tomatillos, husks removed (approximately 6)
- 1 jalapeno
- 4 green onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup cilantro, fresh
- 3 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 4–5 cups romaine, chopped
- 1 cup spicy pickled onions
- ½ large cucumber, sliced
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- ¼ cup shaved Romano cheese, optional
- Preheat grill to 450 and roast tomatillos and jalapeno for about 3-4 minutes and then rotate and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove for the grill and then place the green onions on and quickly sear the outside of the onions for about a minute a side.
- Place the jalapeno in a bag to sweat the skin for about five minutes. Scrape off the charred skin with a knife and then remove the seeds.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Combine the romaine, pickled onions, cucumber, pecans and romano cheese in a large bowl and toss with the desired amount of dressing and serve.
- You can roast the dressing ingredients in the oven. Just line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place them on that to roast. I find that it takes a couple more minutes roasting them in the oven.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: roasted tomatillo dressing, salad with roasted tomatillo dressing, romaine salad with tomatillo