- 5lb boneless lamb leg
- ½ cup fresh rosemary stems
- 8 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp sea salt, coarse
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 lb blackberries
- ¾ cup yellow onion, diced
- ½ tsp ginger, freshly grated
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 grinds, fresh black pepper
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- Place the rosemary, garlic, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes in a food processor and chop. Pour the mixture in to a bowl and mix with the olive oil. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a baking sheet on top.
- While the oven is preheating, rub the lamb all over with the rosemary, garlic mixture and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Place the lamb on the baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes at 450 and then drop the temperature to 350.
- Roast for another 45 minutes and then temp the lamb to see if it is around 145. If not done then continue cooking for another 15-30 minutes or until it reaches your desired temperature.
- Pull the lamb out and cover it with foil and let it rest for approximately 10 minutes.
- Slice the lamb and serve with blackberry chutney.
- Heat the olive oil in a sauce pan over medium heat. Add the onions and let them cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the balsamic, ginger, cinnamon, salt and pepper and stir. Add the blackberries and stir.
- Let the mixture simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring frequently and breaking up the blackberries.
Keywords: blackberry chutney, roasted lamb, roasted leg of lamb,