- 1 bulb of garlic
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 lbs eggplant (approximately 3 small)
- ¼ cup tahini
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp roasted garlic
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Olive oil
- Smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut the top part of the bulb of garlic and lay it in the middle of a large piece of parchment paper. Pour the olive oil on top and then pull up the sides of the parchment paper and twist the top of the parchment so it is tightly wrapped around bulb.
- Place on a baking sheet and roast the garlic for 30-35 minutes or until it is softened and slightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool some. Once cool enough to handle open up the parchment and then grab the garlic from the bottom and squeeze out the roasted bulbs. Set aside
- Preheat grill to 450 (see notes) and coat the eggplant with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Grill for 10-12 minutes if the eggplant is skinny or 20-25 minutes if thicker. You want them to be very soft. Remove from the grill and let cool.
- Peel the skin away and add the flesh to a food processer along with the tahini, remaining olive oil, lemon, roasted garlic, pepper flakes, black pepper and salt. Puree until mixture is smooth.
- You can eat warm or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Serve with fresh veggies, chips or pita.
- If you don’t have a grill you can roast the eggplant in the oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and drizzle olive oil on the eggplant. I find it usually needs a few minutes longer to cook than on the grill.
- Serving Size: 6
Keywords: baba ganoush, roasted garlic, healthy baba ganoush, gluten-free baba ganoush, vegan baba ganoush