Hearty red cabbage steaks topped with a cilantro pesto. A delicious plant-based meal.
Red Cabbage Steaks
- 1 medium red cabbage
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 cups cilantro, fresh
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup pecans
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the cabbage steaks ½ inch thick starting from the top all the way through the bottom (leave the core in).
- Lay the ‘steaks’ on a baking sheet and sprinkle with olive oil and salt.
- Bake at for 25 minutes or until softened and slightly crispy.
- While the steaks are cooking prepare the cilantro pesto. Add the cilantro, spinach, garlic and pecans to a food processor or blender and puree until finely chopped.
- Add the olive oil, vinegar and lime juice and blend until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Top the red cabbage steaks with cilantro pesto and serve immediately.
Keywords: red cabbage steaks, roasted red cabbage steaks, red cabbage steaks with cilantro, how to make red cabbage steaks