- 1lb grass-fed ground beef
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 large jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 3 cups chopped sweet potato
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 26 oz crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups bone broth or stock
- 1 green (slightly yellow) plantain, peeled and chopped
- Fresh Cilantro
- Goat Cheese
- Heat a large pot or dutch oven to medium/high heat and brown the ground beef and break it up in to small pieces.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, sweet potato and seasonings and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, crushed tomato and broth and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the chopped plantains and simmer for another 20 minutes or until plantains and sweet potatoes are softened.
- Serve with your favorite chili toppings and enjoy!
- Feel free to adjust chili spice to personal taste.
Keywords: plantain chili, sweet potato and plantain chili, chili made with plantains, paleo chili recipe