This Paleo Pumpkin Chili recipe is the perfect easy, weeknight meal that can be thrown together in a matter of minutes. Filled with nutrient dense ingredients. Making it not only delicious but also so healthy.
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 4 small/medium pobalno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 Tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1 – 15oz can pumpkin puree (I use this one)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups diced sweet potatoes
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 32 oz chicken stock or bone broth
- Heat the oil in a large dutch oven or soup pot and add the onion, poblano and jalapeno and sauté until onion is translucent – about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and garlic and use a spatula to chop the meat in to small pieces.
- Add the pumpkin, diced tomatoes, sweet potatoes, chili powder, paprika, oregano, cumin and salt and stir to combine.
- Add the broth and stir and then place a lid on the pot and let simmer for about 30 minutes and the take the lid off and let simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately or let cool and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 6
Keywords: paleo pumpkin chili, pumpkin chili, how to make pumpkin chili, pumpkin in chili