Roasted sweet potatoes and turnips tossed in butter and fragrant herbs to create the perfect side dish for any fall meal.
- 1.5lbs sweet potato
- 1lb turnips
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp grass-fed butter or ghee
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Thinly slice the sweet potatoes and turnips in to about 1/8-1/4 inch slices and place them in a bowl.
- Toss with olive oil and seasonings and place in a circular pattern in a 10inch cast iron skillet.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and add the cubes of butter around the skillet. Cook for approximately five more minutes and then broil on high for 3-4 minutes or until top is slightly crispy.
- Let it cool for a few minutes and top with more fresh thyme if desired.
Keywords: roasted sweet potatoes and turnips, roasted turnips with sweet potato, sweet potato and turnips,