The best summer dish. A gluten-free almond crust topped with creamy goat cheese and freshly sliced tomatoes and tangy balsamic.
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup arrowroot powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp granulated garlic
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 8 ounces herbed goat cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup grated Romano (optional but delicious)
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9-inch tart pan.
- Combine the almond flour, arrowroot powder, baking soda, garlic and sea salt and mix.
- Add the egg and olive oil and mix until the dough comes together in a ball.
- Press the dough in to the tar pan and bake for 10-12 minutes or until crust is slightly browned. Pull out the crust and let cool to room temperature.
- Heat a small saucepan to medium heat and add the balsamic vinegar and let it simmer until the mixture has reduced by half. Approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Use a hand or stand mixer to whip the goat cheese until fluffy and then spread it evenly on the bottom of the tart and add then sprinkle one tablespoon of chopped basil.
- Layer the sliced tomatoes on the tart and add the remaining basil.
- Top the tart with 2-3 tablespoons of balsamic reduction and Ramona cheese right before serving.
- The crust can be made ahead of time. Cover the tart crust and store in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 6
Keywords: gluten-free tomato tart, tomato tart with goat cheese, gluten-free goat cheese tomato tart