Fudgy Gluten-free Chocolate Crinkle Cookies. The perfect soft chocolate cookie to make for Christmas season, special events or when a cookie craving hits.
½ cup avocado oil
1 ¼ cup granulated sugar, divided
2 eggs + 1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ cup cocoa powder
½ teaspoon instant espresso powder (optional)
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 1/3 cups brown rice flour
½ cup powdered sugar
- In a large bowl whisk together the avocado oil and 1 cup of sugar and then add the eggs + egg yolk one at a time. Then add vanilla and whisk to combine.
- Combine the cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking soda, salt and flour to a bowl and whisk to combine. Pour the dry ingredients in to the wet and mix. The batter will be thick and fudgy.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill for a minimum of one hour and up to one day.
- Preheat oven to 350 and line the inside of a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the remaining ¼ cup granulated sugar on a plate and the powdered sugar on another.
- Scoop a large tablespoon of batter out and roll into a ball. Roll the crinkle cookie in granulated sugar and then in the powdered sugar and place on the baking sheet. Space the cookies a few inches apart and repeat with remaining dough. Bake for 10-12 minutes and then move to a cooling rack.
- Repeat with remaining dough
Keywords: chocolate crinkle cookies, crinkle cookies, gluten-free crinkle cookies, gluten-free chocolate crinkle cookies, easy crinkle cookies