- 1.5 cups almond flour
- ½ cup arrowroot powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp cinnamon (optional)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup palm shortening or butter
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 4oz dark chocolate (70% or higher)
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup bourbon, rye or whiskey
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp palm shortening or butter
- 2 cups pecans halves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the 2 cups of pecan halves and toast for 5-7 minutes. Set aside
- Combine all of the dry ingredients of the crust in the food processor and pulse to combine. Add the palm shortening and pulse until small pieces form.
- Add the maple syrup and egg and pulse until dough forms in to a ball.
- Grease a 9 inch tart pan or pie pan and evenly press the crust in the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
- Par bake the crust for about 7 minutes and remove from the oven.
- Heat a sauce pan over medium-high heat and add the maple, coconut sugar, bourbon and vanilla. Simmer the mixture for 10 minutes and then add the palm shortening and simmer until it has melted. Take off the heat and let cool.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl and add the melted chocolate and chopped pecans.
- Slowly add the bourbon maple mixture to the bowl to temper the eggs so they don’t scramble.
- Add the batter to the pie or tart pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the filling has started to crack and it looks fully set.
- Serving Size: 8
Keywords: gluten-free pecan pie, gluten-free chocolate pecan pie, chocolate bourbon pecan pie