Gluten-free Butternut Squash Muffins made with just a few simple ingredients. Using only oat flour for the base and packed full of warming spices.
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup oat flour*
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded butternut squash *
- ¼ cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a muffin pan with 9 liners.
- Add the eggs and avocado oil to a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Next add the coconut sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger and whisk to combine.
- Add the oat flour, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Mix in the shredded butternut squash and then fill each muffin liner about 2/3 of the way full.
- Top with the pecans and pumpkin seeds and bake for 16-18 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- If you have celiac or a sever gluten sensitivity be sure to buy certified gluten-free flour. I typically use Bob’s Red Mill.
- I like to use a box grater for the butternut. The texture tends to be a lot softer than using a food processor to grate the butternut squash.
Keywords: gluten-free muffins, butternut squash muffins, oat flour muffins, squash muffins, gluten-free butternut squash muffins, healthy oat flour muffins